Whether you are renovating your kitchen or building it from scratch, picking everything out can be quite overwhelming, especially when you pick out a countertop. There are so many choices available. There are so many different kinds of stones that you could choose from, all available in different colors. Each stone has its benefits and downfalls. Granite has always been a popular choice, but Quartz Countertops Toronto has been a strong contender. They are increasingly becoming a far more popular choice when it comes to both kitchen and bathroom countertops. Following are some reasons why quartz countertops are an increasingly attractive option.


Every countertop should have this quality of durability. The slabs which are used in Quartz Countertops are made of 90 percent quartz and binding polymer. The remaining 10 percent account for the colored pigments, which give the slab the desired color. The high content of the quart increases the durability of the slab. The material is so durable that it hardly gets damaged even with regular use. Countertops made of Quartz are resistant to stains, chips, and scratches.

Non – Porous:

One of the downfalls of most stone products is that they tend to porous, making them more susceptible to staining. However, Quartz is an engineered surface. The surface makes up for all of the downfalls of other stone surfaces. The quartz countertop has no cracks or holes from which any liquid spill could seep in and cause staining. The surface is highly non-porous. This makes the countertop more comfortable to clean and free from viruses, bacteria, and other microorganisms. The polymer makes the surface more durable. The surface can easily be cleaned with mild dish soap and water or just a damp cotton cloth. You should avoid using any harsh cleaning agents which might contain bleach or any other kind of abrasive.

Aesthetically pleasing:

 When you opt for a naturally occurring stone, there is no guarantee of uniform color or pattern. Whereas, the case is the opposite with Quartz. The quartz countertop is manufactured so that it gives a uniform look and feel through the surface. When you have a quartz countertop, you are bound to have a consistent look throughout your kitchen. This adds to the design and aesthetics of the kitchen.

Low Maintenance:

 Once you have installed a countertop, the next step is its maintenance. You should keep in mind that you should take measures to keep your quartz countertops from extreme heat. When you have to place a hot kitchen tool on the countertop, place a hot pad underneath it. The Quartz countertops get severely damaged by extreme heat. However, the countertop won’t need resealing or waxing for its upkeep. Whereas in the case of granite countertops, you need to get them sealed at least once a year. Quartz is a durable material, and taking proper care will save you from any future repairs. Instructions on how to take care of the countertop would also be shared with you.

What is your reaction?

In Love
Not Sure

You may also like

Comments are closed.

More in:Home