What are The Common Myths About Mold?

Molds have been in existence for millions of years. They get into your home when you have opened windows, doors, or air-conditioners. Mold can also be found in pets, clothes, shoes, and many other items from the air outside. They normally grow in places that have moisture such as a leaky roof, or a cardboard.

People have a lot of misconceptions and myths about mold, they say fungus can potentially cause harm. Much information about mold, is misleading and misguiding without providing evidence. But here are some of the common myths about mold.

  1. Black mold is toxic mold

A majority of people, assume that black mold is toxic and harmful. But mold comes in different species and have a wide variety of colors. Stachyboutrys mold which is black in color, contains very high levels of toxicity and is harmful to some individuals. But all molds are harmful, and they should not be in our living environments. However, mold inside a home or business is a sign of a water leak in that place.

  1. Mold can be eliminated by using bleach products

This is one major common mold myths believed by most people. Typically, there are a lot of bleach products that claim to completely kill mold. These products actually clean the mold at the wet leaky surface area, but the source of the mold which is often behind the cleaned area, remains. A few days after cleaning the surface area, the mold begins to grow again.

  1. Mold can be removed through painting

The major way to clear mold at your house or office, is to clear and control the source of the mold but not painting the area of the mold. When you paint the area of the mold, what you do is clear the grown accumulated mold. Not the Hidden source of its growth which is the leaking water within your wall. Few weeks after painting, the mold regrows back.

  1. Mold causes Asthma

All molds are considered toxic and allergic to some sick individuals. But they are not the main causes of asthma. But, a number of molds especially found within the outdoor environments, can possibly bring allergic responses to asthmatic individuals. Inhaling mold causes a lower airway disease to them. Inhaled mold is found to be irritating and allergic to people with breathing problems associated with asthma.

What is your reaction?

In Love
Not Sure

You may also like

Comments are closed.

More in:Home